Never underestimate a meal that calls itself a feast.
You’d think after all these years of eating, it’s a concept I’d understand by now, but once again we are caught out by the enormity of the feast that is Salt Meats Cheese’s ‘Cheese Feast’. Run every Sunday arvo, the Cheese Feast is a 3 course set menu that involves cheese and pretty much a guarantee that you’ll be rolling out of there. And it’ll only set you back $39.
Quick post today!
I’m a huge fan of pancakes, but besides the one time I made chocolate pancakes, I’ve always stuck to the same trusty pancake recipe whenever I whip up a batch for brekky. Ever since my trip to Japan, where pancakes come in all shapes, sizes and flavours, I’ve been a little obsessed over pancakes and thought I’d start experiemting with some other recipes.
Seeing as I had half a tub of ricotta left in the fridge, I thought I’d try these famous ricotta hotcakes that people have been raving about for years. Perhaps I had my hopes too high, but to be very honest, I wasn’t too impressed. Nevertheless, they’re light and fluffy and quite pleasant to have- although I probably will be experimenting with other pancake recipes next time!
Ricotta Pancake Recipe
- 1.33 cups/ 340g Ricotta
- 0.75 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs separated
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 50 g Butter
- Place ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add to the ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites through batter in two batches, with a large metal spoon.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of the butter and drop 2 tablespoons of batter per hotcake into the pan (don't cook more than 3 per batch).
- Cook over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides.
- Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and quickly assemble with other ingredients as desired
Adapted from Lifestyle Food
Berry Nutritious http://berrynutritious.com.au/