I know I said that I’d be posting some more comfort food recipes, but the sudden change of weather meant I had to change my plans. Luckily I had this Honey Soy Chicken Noodles Salad bookmarked since the beginning of winter!
I’m not kidding either- am I the only one who always bookmarks dishes when they’re wayyy out of season?
The reason for this particular recipe though, was because I did somehow or rather end up with a packet of Honey Soy sauce in my pantry. Not being a big fan of Honey Soy Chicken (say what?) but not wanting it to to waste either, this recipe was the perfect solution.
It’s super quick to put together, so if you’re after a last minute throw together meal, give this a go. Use half the pack to cook the chicken, the other half for dressing. Serve with soba noodles and as much fresh veggies as you can for a well balanced meal!
Honey Soy Chicken Noodles Salad Recipe
- 150g Soba Noodles
- 500g Chicken Breast Fillet, Sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 pkt (approx. 150g) Honey Soy Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 (100g) Spring Onions (Shallots), Thinly Sliced
- 1 medium (120g) Carrot, Cut Into Match Sticks
- 1 (500g) Telegraph Cucumber, Deseeded, Sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1 (200g) Red Capsicum, Thinly Sliced Into Matchsticks
- 1/2 bunch Bunch Of Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds, Toasted
- 1 Lime, Cut Into Wedges
- Cook noodles following packet directions; drain, rinse under cold water. And set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic and Honey Soy sauce, marinate 10 minutes. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil, add chicken, cook for 6-8 minutes until browned and cooked through
- In a large serving bowl combine chicken, noodles, spring onions, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, capsicum and coriander leaves.
- Dress salad with combined remaining Honey Soy Sauce, Oil and sweet Chilli Sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- I used the Maggi Honey Soy Mix as per the original recipe.